General Manager Mining located in Mpumalanga near Piet Retief
Reporting to the Managing Director and Board
The Mine project work includes all project related activities required for commencement to completion of the project. The incumbent shall be working on a permanent basis at the mine site and will be responsible for Civil works as well as Mechanical work. The functions will also involve, but is not confined to, development, supervision, monitoring and review of the electrical engineering standards and procedures that form part of mining operations at the mine.To supervise the installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of electrical plant and installations at the mine.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 18 – 25+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrative working knowledge of the various on mine Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering functions and associated management plans
- Sound working knowledge of the u/g and surface functions including, development and coal clearance.
- Shall be able to complement Mine development Planning and Reviews in co-ordination with EPC contractors.
- Candidate must have certificate of competency in terms of Coal Mine Health and Safety Act 2002 (CMHS Act).
- Preference would be given to candidates who have working experience in coal mining and related work in RSA.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the individual to join a leadership team very early in the life of the organization